ADMIN/TECH JOB OPENINGS
Administrative Services, Finance, Human Resources, IT and Management.
Applications are only accepted when a position is posted.
Database Support Technician
We are seeking candidates to fill a full time Database Support Technician position in our Everett, WA regional communications facility.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience working in a technical support role. In addition, candidates must have experience with developing online and in-house tools to provide reliable access to our data for both external customers and internal company use.
Candidates must be able to identify with SNOPAC's Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect and Teamwork. Working together as a team, you will achieve goals and meet deadlines while understanding that communication is critical.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, views, and queries. Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases, investigate and recommend solutions.
- Supports database performance by monitoring daily performance to evaluate and resolve processing, programming and performance problems. As needed, work with external vendors improving and enhancing database performance. Coordinate and work with other departments and staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing procedures for modifications to databases.
- Development and maintenance of stored procedures, views, and functions.
A combination of education and related experience sufficient to provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities may substitute for education requirements.
- Professional training and/or certification in advanced use of relational databases is preferred
- Minimum five (5) years relational database experience on a variety of programs
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with Oracle and/or SQL databases
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with Structure Query Language (SQL) with the ability to write complex queries used to extract data from relational databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Access, or other relational databases.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with desktop and software support
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Demonstrated experience with the following
- Managing large-scale Microsoft SQL database systems
- Monitoring the health of large database servers
- End-user database support including writing complex queries, reports, and data views
- Working with database systems in a clustered environment
- End user desktop support
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent communications skills and attention to customer satisfaction
- Must be able to communicate with audiences of every technical level
- Ability to identify with SNOPAC’s core values
For further information and full job description click here.
Due to the nature of this work, candidates are required to successfully pass a thorough, intense and strict pre-employment background investigation. Failure to disclose pertinent information or attempt to conceal requested information may be grounds for immediate disqualification. Please review the SNOPAC Selection Standards for further information regarding disqualifiers.
PAY AND BENEFITS
SNOPAC 9-1-1 offers highly competitive compensation and benefits programs.
Starting salary $83,146 DOQ
Medical, dental and vision benefits
Generous paid time off program
10 paid holidays
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
Deferred compensation match
To apply for this position, please send your completed application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
1) Letter of interest describing how you meet the qualifications
3) SNOPAC application
4) Responses to the supplemental questions
SNOPAC will not accept incomplete application packets. Only applicants possessing the stated qualifications, education and experience will be considered for the position.
SNOPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please answer the following supplemental questions and attach them in your email with your letter of interest, resume and application. Feel free to create your own document with these questions and answers on them.
- Describe your experience with enterprise level database systems. Please touch on the following areas:
- Your role and level of responsibility in designing, configuring, administering, and maintaining database systems
- What experience you may have monitoring the health of a database system (including tools used)
- Level of experience writing, testing and implementing complex queries
- Experience with implementing and supporting database replication
- Analyzing and improving stored procedures
- Describe your experience supporting end users of a database system. Please touch on the following areas:
- Creating, managing and supporting reports using SSRS
- Creating, managing and supporting database front-end tools such as web applications and tools
- Creating and distributing views to external database systems
- Describe your experience supporting users in a helpdesk environment. Please touch on the following:
- Installing and supporting desktop systems and desktop peripheral devices
- End user support with standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and Windows operating systems
- End user support with custom and/or proprietary software applications